Friday, April 29, 2011

Headlines - April 29, 2011

The moment we have been relishing in all week: Bongarra had to wait when Iowa called timeout with four seconds left to make him think about things, but he calmly stroked his kick through the middle of the uprights. "The offseason is not only about physical preparation but also mental preparation," said Bongarra, whose previous game-winning kick came last year for the Albany Panthers in the Southern Indoor Football League. Bassuener, who held for Bongarra on the winning play, said he couldn't watch. "I usually look up but I couldn't this time. I'm just glad my roommate (Bongarra) came through," he said.

Rick Couri's call on Bongarra's kick

Highlights, including the kick and celebration

Football Gameplan's Preview for Tonight's Game

Bongarra's Kick won the Spaulding Highlight of the Week: "Bongarra (6-3, 190, Albany State) kicked a game-winning field goal as time expired to give the Talons their first home victory of the year, defeating Iowa 61-60. He converted on all six of his extra point attempts in the contest."

Bongarra on his kick: "I knew I had the leg, but I was just hoping the snap and hold were as good as they had been the rest of the night," Bongarra said. "Pretty much when (QB Matt Bassuener) put the ball down, I knew my chances of missing were higher than my chances of making, but I've been practicing and trying to get better for opportunities like this," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment