Saturday, July 10, 2010

Headlines - July 10, 2010

Recap from the Cleveland Thumping

Jamar Ransom won the AFL's Highlight of the Week Award for his Pick 6 in the Cleveland Game

Tulsa likely to have Three 1,000+ receivers this season: "The Talons are on track to have three 1,000-yard receivers in the same season for the first time. Donovan Morgan reached quadruple digits weeks ago and has 1,407 yards. Carlese Franklin and Jeff Hughley have 934 and 933, respectively, with four games left."

The Tulsa World takes a look at an improved Talons Defense: "With our offense, if you give us three or four additional possessions, and limit them, then we believe we'll win. We are that confident in our offense to go out and score on nearly every possession. So, we're not talking about a lot of defense. Make a few stops."

Brett Rayl made an interesting post to facebook: "Thanks to all my Texas friends for making my trip so much fun! I will be back in September for good, so keep in touch." The phrase that concerns me is "for good," is Brett saying this is his last year with the Talons? It's probably not but just putting it out there.

This story made me love Donovan Morgan even more

A look at fullback Odie Armstrong: "Coming back here was a no-brainer. I loved the city and the guys they had coming back. It was an opportunity I couldn't pass up."

Last night Tampa Bay was the first team to clinch a Playoff Birth

Tonight's game from Bossier's viewpoint: "I want to embarrass Tulsa," Battle Wings wide receiver and backup quarterback Kinsmon Lancaster said. "Last year they beat us up there when we got the bad end of the stick. Tulsa is like the brother you can't get along with and you're always in competition with. I hate Tulsa. I hate Tulsa with a passion."

No comments:

Post a Comment